hard drive partitioned C: & D:

chiquita 19:34 31 Mar 2007

My drive is partitioned C & D and I would like to load my photo equipment in D as C is almost full.
The camera and printer offer me a choice but the scanner and its bundle insist on loading to C.
I reformatted hoping for it to come up C only but it didn't and I've been told there is a way round this, and would be grateful for some help.
It's Win 98 SE and only 2GB on each drive but enough for my needs.

Pamy 19:47 31 Mar 2007

can you not just change the C: to D: when downloading from your scanner ? ie, put your cuser to the side of C and delete it then type in D

kindly 20:01 31 Mar 2007

The first is "do you want only one drive". Meaning only "c" drive. Does the partition not have your restore settings on it.
The other thing is that when you install the scanner program you will be prompted to put the program in the program listing. This is the time to choose where you want it to go.

Tropezon 20:02 31 Mar 2007

Pamy.
Thanks for tip.If it's that simple I should be able to manage it! Never even thought of that and am going to lie down in a dark room while I recover!
Not convenient to try tonight but will let you know, it's not on this laptop but is on an old PC in my garage.

Tropezon 20:08 31 Mar 2007

Kindly,
When I last loaded the scanner it chose C: and I thought that was it but it appears from Pamy that all I need to do is delete the C and type in D, which will do nicely thank you.

kindly 21:57 31 Mar 2007

Just tell us what happens.

chiquita 19:26 01 Apr 2007

Pamy and Kindly, thank you for the advice; the scanner refused to go into c but the bundle, photo suite, printer and camera all went into d.

Another satisfied customer, thanks, and a Happy Easter to all members of the forums.
Harry K.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?