Hard drive needed

bruno 10:25 10 Apr 2004

My 12 year old grandson has an aged IBM 300Mhz computer and his disk is almost full.I have tried locally but none of the dealers has a small or second hand one at the moment.I wondered if anyone in the forum has one they want to get rid of.I will pay a peasonable price and postage if you have.He has a 4.2Gb at the moment and anything between that and 20 would be fine.I think his M/B is K6(AMD).E mail me if you have one please,thanks in advance.

bremner 10:45 10 Apr 2004

Can't help myself but these have what you are after.

click here

click here

click here

bruno 11:23 10 Apr 2004

Thanks for the links Bremner.Simply have a good one at £20+.Nobody stocks smaller ones around here.

pj123 14:56 10 Apr 2004

Be careful, I doubt whether that spec computer would be able to accept anything bigger than 8gb, which would be very difficult to find. Having said that, I have a 20gb Maxtor HDD that you could have for £15 plus the postage. Before accepting you would need to check if your computer would accept this size. Other than that you could try ebay at click here and check it out.

bruno 19:26 10 Apr 2004

PJ123.Thank you for the offer.I wondered about the size thing myself.I will have to go into it a bit more and find out the exact model etc.I will close the thread and may come back to you later for the Maxtor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?