Hard drive memory issue

stormrider123 08:22 16 Jun 2010

Hi i have a compaq presario pc with 512mb of ram and 80 gb hdd

recenly i done a pc recovery to fix a faulty boot up after that i went on my computrer and i found two probslems

firts one is that even thpugh i have a 80gb hdd the,compiter only says that total disk space is 68gb

second of all i am very low on memory only have 4 gb left

any help would be good

gengiscant 09:15 16 Jun 2010

Go here click here as you really have way to little ram in your PC.

Have a look in disk management and see if you have another partition which might explain the missing Gb. Remember that because of the way harddrives are measured your 80Gb is really only 74.5GBs. So in effect only 6.5Gb are missing.
I have no doubt someone here will explain where it has gone.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:13 16 Jun 2010

The compaq will have a "hidden" recovery partition this plus the conversion factor decimal to binary will be where the missing Gbs have gone.

stormrider123 15:27 16 Jun 2010

Thanks i understand that the compaq has a hidden partision for rwcpvery purposes but i still cant see,why o only have 4gb of memory left do i need ab external hard drive or can i sort it out without spending money on external harddrives

MAT ALAN 15:55 16 Jun 2010

I think you are getting confused HDDs do not have memory, they have allocated space measured in GIGABYTES.
To help us to help you we need a more accurate account of your PCs resources.
Memory is measured in MEGABYTES which is a unit of digital information storage...

click here

use the prog in the link it will tell you exactly what you and we need to know...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache