Hard drive install

slim 65 19:29 30 Dec 2004

I purchased a new 2nd hard drive today for my 18 month old mesh. I did not realise until I got it home and tried to install it that the four screws supplied were the wrong fittings and what I need are some sort of spring clips. Any advice on what and where please.

csqwared 19:42 30 Dec 2004

The only place that comes to mind is Maplin at click here - they tend to stock all the little bits and pieces required.
cc

slim 65 20:06 30 Dec 2004

Thanks for your link but I cant find what is required. I suppose it is my fault for not looking but I only wish that the salesperson had indicated to me that the pack might not contain the correct fittings. I just assumed that the drive would fit a relatively new pc and all the bits would be bundled.

csqwared 20:27 30 Dec 2004

It might pay you, if you have a shop locally, to pop in. It can sometimes be a bit difficult to find the smaller items on their web site and the guys in the shop are usually extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

cc

slim 65 20:41 30 Dec 2004

Yes, I think I'll give that a go in the morning.

slim 65 16:12 31 Dec 2004

Went into small local pc shop as suggested. Not only did he have the parts in stock he refused to take any payment , just gave them to me with his complements.

I know where I will be spending money in the future! Wonderful service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?