Hard drive help

texter 12:53 21 Dec 2010

A friend of mine has an HP Pavilion Desktop PC (Serial number: CZB5440L6W and Prod #: a1108.uk)which he has had for about 6 years now. Anyway he wants to install a new larger hard-drive. Unfortunately the local computer shop nolonger stocks the hard-drives he wants because they are out of date? His current hard-drive is a
Samsung SP0802N/R (SODJJ1SY907975) 80GB. He would like to add another, larger hard-drive but does not know where. Could someone help my friend find a compatible hard-drive for his pc please?

Forum Editor 13:07 21 Dec 2010

as long as there's a spare drive bay in the computer.

texter 13:14 21 Dec 2010

Hello there!

I am not for one moment doubting your word, honestly. But the bloke in the local computer shop told us that being as the pc was so old (about 6 years old i think) that compatible hard drives were no longer made for his desktop? Was he trying to get my friend to splash out on a new desktop?

Thanks for the reply Forum Editor it really was appreciated.

Jollyjohn 13:41 21 Dec 2010

Here is a link to e-buyer click here"-IDE-Hard-Drives It list IDE hard drives - this is the type that is needed for the pc.
Other places to buy one include Maplin - a bit expensive but may have b grade stock, PC World - look in the shop for the component centre or for the plain brown boxes on the shelves - they will describe the hard drive as PATA connection. On line there is eclipse computers, and of cooooourse eBay.

Press Man 13:41 21 Dec 2010

texter

Exactly as the FE says. Have alook here click here
I would presume that the current HDD is an EIDE type and not SATA given the age of the PC? Anyway there are plenty of drives to choose from, both in size, manufacturer and connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires