Hard drive crash please help

John2206 15:39 14 Dec 2013

Hi my main hard drive on my PC wont load windows. I booted from a secondary hard drive hoping I could recover the data from the main one but nothing is showing up under properties (see pic = click here ) Is there any way I can get the data back from it or is it lost forever? I am running WinXP. Thank you

John

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:00 14 Dec 2013

Start - Run type

chkdsk /f F:

press enter

this will run the disk checking toll on the drive and may fix the errors in the file system. try boot from the disk on completion.

After that it gets more complicated and you will need recovery software to attempt to recover the drive or files.

chub_tor 16:04 14 Dec 2013

If you Google this one of the links you will find is this one it is worth a read and might help you.

finerty 16:31 14 Dec 2013

i hope u get your data bac. one f the softwares i use is acronis and i always clone my hardrive in case it decides to crash

littlemty 06:35 18 Dec 2013

I encountered the same problem with you. But I managed to retrieve all my important files using SystemRescueCd. SystemRescueCd is a open source free software. So, I didn’t spend a single cent to get my deleted files back. What I did is just following the step-by-step instruction in a website:-

click here it helps you too. Good luck!

Hope

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?