hard drive copying

filthyphil 08:43 28 Jun 2007

hello is there any way i can just copy my hard drve to my ext hdd for ease when upgrading my motherboard bundle?
the reason i ask is i have stuff on the hdd that i no longer have disks or support for which would pose a bit of a problem for me.

wee eddie 08:58 28 Jun 2007

the Hard Drive.

All you should need is your standard back-up routine as the Hard Drive should be unaffected.

Acronis is frequently recommended for Cloning. I use Dantz Retrospect but have never had to try to reinstall, so I might be in for a shock.

Pamy 08:58 28 Jun 2007

when you uprade your motherboard the copy may not work , it would have been copied to work on your set up as it was.

xania 08:58 28 Jun 2007

I prefer using Partition Magic but there are lots of free partition managers or you can use something like click here

filthyphil 09:04 28 Jun 2007

the copy of win xp was a disc separately bought after a previous mobo bundle upgrade from a shop bought pc so none of it is original...??
hopefully this should pose no problem as with the the old mobo i only had to install drivers after win xp so i was hopng that all i will need to do is new drivers for the chipset as both mobos are foxxconn just diferent cpus going from AMD to intel duel core.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?