Hard Drive Copying

23790954 13:44 12 Sep 2006

Although I have cloned many hard drives in the past, without a problem, I am having difficulty copying my present hard drive. To clone my hard drive I use Drive Image 7, which has been updated from the relevant website.
The hard drive I am attempting to copy, is a Samsung Spinpoint 80gig, Serial ATA, which can be used as a SATA 1 (150mps) with a jumper applied in the relevant position on the drive, or a SATA 2 (300mbs), which is used with NO jumper applied. The Hard drive I was attempting to transfer the data to, as a spare, is a new Seagate Barracuda 80gig hard drive, which can only be used as a SATA 1 (150mbs). To copy the hard drive, I have applied the jumper to the Samsung hard drive, to make it run at 150mbs, connected the hard drives correctly to the system, and used Drive Image 7 to clone the hard drive, which appears to work normally, by the data shown on the monitor. However when Drive Image 7 completes the transfer of the data, and advises you of this, and I remove the original hard drive, from which the data was transferred, in an attempt to test the new hard drive, the system starts to boot up with the new hard drive, but stops before the bootup is complete, and show a message on the monitor stating that "THERE WAS AN ERROR IN READING DRIVE" press Cntrl-Alt-Delete to restart. I have attempted this with Anti-virus & Firewall in both the operating and non operating status without success. I have had the new hard drive checked, and all the checks have proved that the new hard drive is fully functional with no errors.

xania 14:25 12 Sep 2006

Have you checked the old drive for errors. Run Chkdsk on it then try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?