Hard Drive Copying

shaduf 16:40 11 Aug 2004

My 2 year old Fujitsu computer is fitted with a Seagate 80 Gb drive as supplied and a Western Digital 120 Gb that I fitted as drive D. I now wish to upgrade by using the WD drive as the system drive and fitting a new 160Gb Maxtor as the second drive.

The WD (D) drive is currently empty and I am trying to use Drive Image 7 to copy the Seagate over to it. (So that it can become my new system disk. After a few minutes I get the error message” Error EOBB0097:Volume \\?\ ect , etc cannot be locked. Error 00000005: Access is denied”

I’ve printed out the Drive Image Manual but there is no meaningful help and the procedure seems so simple.

Any users of the program got any ideas please.

Thanks

Shaduf

johnsims 17:36 11 Aug 2004

The error message "drive cannot be locked" usually means that there is a file on the drive that is in use and consequently the drive cannot be "locked". This would seem a bit odd if the drive is empty.

Try the Wetern Digital site and see if they have a copy utility available for download.

cga 17:41 11 Aug 2004

I dont know Drive Image (I use Norton Ghost) so excuse me if this is a silly question.

Are you trying to perform the copy from within your windows system or have you booted up a stand alone copy?

If it is the former it may be the source drive that is giving you problems (it does not want to copy something that is moving under it).

johnsims 17:53 11 Aug 2004

This thread has been posted twice under different headings. Please do not waste our time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?