Hard drive connectors

  jack 14:15 07 Jul 2009

I understand that current/modern hard drives have 'card edge' connection as opposed to the IDE pin of yor.
Is this so?
If so is there a card edge to USB cable or Card edge to Pin connector available?

  OTT_Buzzard 14:20 07 Jul 2009

I think you mean a SATA connector, which is kinda card edged!

You can get USB adaptors for SATA drives fit into an external housing which plugs in to USB. I've never looked for jst a SATA - USB adaptor so can't say if it exists.

  Pamy 14:55 07 Jul 2009

Have a look click here

  jack 17:32 07 Jul 2009

That's an interesting link have passed it on.

  robin_x 03:36 08 Jul 2009

search amazon for "sata" "ide" "converter" "usb" and variants thereof

eg click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?