Hard Drive Clean Up

dp600 07:26 16 Oct 2006

Is the a programme that tells me all the stuff on my hard drive that i do not use?.I want to delete all the surpluss.

woofwoofbark 08:16 16 Oct 2006

the following to clean unwanted/temp files
click here

click here

the following to fix registry
click here <<< scroll down the page and fill form for free serial

wotbus@ 08:20 16 Oct 2006

Yes - your brain ;-)
Seriously, if you mean accumulated "bloat" which arrives slowly and rather secretly with the normal operation of things, then CCleaner will get rid of it for you. It will even get rid of unnecessary registry entries [back up what you repair].
click here
Google "duplicate file remover", lots to read and choose from.
If you are referring to unused programs then only you can decide what to get rid of.
Do a full backup before you begin:
Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup.
If you are running XP and you don't see "Backup" you will require your XP installation disc to install the facility:
click here
Create restore points before you remove anything you are unsure about:
Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Create a Restore Point.
Have fun.

dp600 08:26 16 Oct 2006

sorry what i meant was software stuff i have downloaded or got from cd/dvds of magazines that i thought i needed but never use.

€dstowe 08:39 16 Oct 2006

Look in "Add and Remove programs" via the Control Panel.

xania 08:39 16 Oct 2006

<Start><Settings><Control Panel><Add/remove programs> will remove most software including registry settings, but you may also have to remove the folder from your drive afterwards. For future use, I would recommend you stored all your 'experimental' software in its own folder or, better still on its own virtual drive, then you can see at a glance what's where.

dp600 08:46 16 Oct 2006

Thank you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?