Hard drive appears wiped

Lazzer 13:46 16 Mar 2006

Hi,
At home i have 2 hard drives, 1 is the main windows drive and all the programs go on there, the other is for files and things, its a backup drive.
There were some problems with the windows drive that i couldnt repair so i decided to format the drive and start over.
Id lablelled the drives, main and backup so when the option came up to format etc.. i wiped the main drive.
Windows installed, and then when i finally got into windows, the backup drive also appears to have been wiped, but i never formatted it or anything?? anyone got any ideas, i cant figure out why this has happened, thanks

ACOLYTE 13:51 16 Mar 2006

You may need to activate the drive again in disk managment.

Lazzer 14:00 16 Mar 2006

thanks for the reply, i tried your advice but nothing... i know i only wiped the 1 drive when i installed windows, i didnt touch the other...
could it be anything else at all?

lotvic 22:30 16 Mar 2006

Is the 2nd drive set to slave (jumper setting)

Does the 2nd drive show up in My Computer > Open
and does that tell you how much 'free space' is on the 2nd drive?

Also have you tried My Documents > Tools > Folder options > View and put a dot in 'Show hidden files and folders'

ACOLYTE 02:29 17 Mar 2006

Have you tried removing the drive just unplugging the ide cable then plugging it in again and restarting the pc? also check in the bios to see if the drive is recognised.Did the drive show up in disk managment?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?