Hard Disks

  Gaz W 20:43 17 Mar 2004

Really silly question about hard disks...

I've got to explain about hard disks to various people, and the problem is I don't know how to say half of the terms myself.

ATA - do I say it how it looks (at-a) or just say the letters (A-T-A).

Also - is there a technical term for the speed at which the magnetic discs spin, i.e. in rpm, other than "rotational speed"?

  SANTOS7 20:55 17 Mar 2004

Hey Gaz i hope this helps ATA (advanced technical attachments) reads as A-T-A as for other question i think its just RPM or spinny thing for the less technical

  [email protected]@m 21:02 17 Mar 2004

Here's a link click here

  Gaz W 23:15 17 Mar 2004

Thanks very much for your help.

For the rpm I'll probably just call it "rotational speed".

Thanks [email protected]@m for the link - it will be very useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?