hard disk Camcorder, what formats?

hawthorn59 22:36 03 Nov 2007

Hi folks.

Im considering treating myself to a hard disk camcorder, and am trying to do a bit of research on the net. I have zoned in on the Sony DCR-SR52 or DCR SR 72. Both look nice. Some good, and some bad reviews on Amazon.

One thing that seemed to crop up, especially on a JVC model, was format. The JVC wouldnt play in MediaPlayer, and most editing software wouldnt recognize it!

As this will be a hard disk camcorder, I will need to edit and eventually burn to dvd. Any info in general, and in particular about the Sonys?

What i will propose to do is to get the footage from the camcorder to pc. How? With usb connection do you drag the files or play it and capture it? Please excuse the basic questions.

Finally, when I get the above sorted, can you recommend a basic not too expensive easy to use programme to edit the footage on pc, and perhaps burn to dvd!?

thanks

h
thanks

Vaio123 01:53 04 Nov 2007

See Here,

click here
Click on More Features
Then Click on Easy PC backup.

Vaio123 01:55 04 Nov 2007

Download the
Manual Below,
on same page.

Demora 11:10 04 Nov 2007

I Have a JVC HD Camcorder and haven't had any problems with windows media player or the camera

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?