Handling mailbox limit

Hamish I 19:03 25 Sep 2006

My ISP tells me that I have reached 75% of my 50MB mailbox limit. I use Mozilla Thunderbird and have always deleted any unwanted mail to avoid a build-up. Are these deletions stored somewhere? Is this what the ISP means? They tell me to use webmail to delete unwanted items, but I don't even know what or where webmail is. Any advice would be appreciated.

Enoch 19:09 25 Sep 2006

Forget about webmail. Go into your servers (ISP)home page. Then go into members page. Go to "check emails". Insert your username and password. You will then get ALL emails either unread or undeleted. Select whatever you want to do (delete, read or save). You will then have a true situation of your email position

Hamish I 19:34 25 Sep 2006

Thanks to Enoch. Your advice solved my problem.

Woolwell 19:35 25 Sep 2006

It sounds as if you are leaving a copy of the e-mail on the server. You may need to check your Thunderbird settings.

Enoch 20:06 27 Sep 2006

Sorry for the delay in coming back. Reference to Woolwell, deleting at the point I advised actually deletes off the ISP, therefore you do not leave a copy on the server

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?