Halogen Cookers?

spuds 10:38 04 Feb 2012
Answered

Apologies for not being a PC question, but is there anyone who uses or have used a Halogen bowl type cooking device. If so can you provide any points to whether this device is a good or bad purchase. In otherwise, does it meet its expectations as to their advertised 'praise'?.

Of the items that I have read, they would appear to cook, boil, stew virtually anything with a 2 to 3 times saving on doing it the conventional way. Taking into consideration that most of these units start with a 1300 watts output, is there a real saving, especially as some of the advertising suggests that you can cook a number of items at the same time (complete dinner)?

Any advice on this subject would be appreciated.

eedcam 11:31 04 Feb 2012

yes great for steaks and roasts ther is actually one out now with a stiring paddle built in which in effect makes it an air fryer as well like the actifry As of now PC advisor becomes Practical Cooking advisor

Kevscar1 11:45 04 Feb 2012

absolutely great, not only roast and grils but by taking out the rack I have done casseroles. You can also do steaming and I have also dry fried eggs in mine.

spuds 12:15 04 Feb 2012
Answer

Thanks guys, that's all I really wanted to hear, unless someone as had a bad experience!.

I have considered purchasing one of these for some time, but was a little concerned about cooking etc, and the possible higher wattage costs.

Will tick as resolved, but please add if necessary. Going to buy one on Monday.

eedcam 12:46 04 Feb 2012

Personally go for one with a hinged lid as the heater element is in this and th unhinged you have to lift off and put on a stand they aint all that Light

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone