Halifx On-line

joebloggs1 21:10 14 Aug 2006

For last couple of days can't access Halifax online sites. Rangthem and said they had a few reports from Orange users. Does anyone know of any issues or can you tell me whether you can access these sites or not, and what ISP you are using as a clue to where issue might be. Login address is click here

Jackcoms 21:13 14 Aug 2006

No problem here. Using Tiscali

Lettervanman 21:16 14 Aug 2006

No problem,Pipex.

joebloggs1 21:26 14 Aug 2006

Thanks for the respones - anyone on Orange able to try this please

lindyloo4 21:47 14 Aug 2006

I'm on Orange / Wanadoo / Freeserve and have no problems accessing the Halifax site. Been on tonight about 18.30 to transfer some money.

Stuartli 21:52 14 Aug 2006

I use the Halifax online website and in common with other posters haven't noticed anything unusual.

However, Halifax is in the process of revamping the site so this just might have some bearing on your difficulties.

joebloggs1 21:57 14 Aug 2006

Wife phoned Halifax yesterday and they said problem was with Orange - tried them but got no where with them. This would indicate it must be related to my own settings, all was OK until recently but "now unable to find server" - Guess I'm in for a fun time trying to track this one down, but at leat I now have an indication of where problem is likely to be - Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

octal 22:01 14 Aug 2006

I notice that link is an https secure connection, check your firewall settings to make sure its not blocking either https or port 443.

lindyloo4 22:03 14 Aug 2006

If you are on XP could you try system restore to a time when you had no problem accessing the site.

joebloggs1 22:03 14 Aug 2006

Re-entered DNS addresses in my SparkCom modem, then saved to flash and rebooted modem, and seems to have cleared up the problem. Very strange as before Icould not ping click here but can now - modem must have lost DNS Server settings in some way. Anyway thanks for the help as I didn't think to try this when I assumed it was an ISP issue

rdave13 22:05 14 Aug 2006

Try another browser like click here or click here .

Try IE and go to tools>>internet options>>programs tab>>>reset web settings and tick the box that IE should be the default browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?