Half Way out The window Pc --- Bye____

david-233692 16:33 14 Sep 2003

Can anyone give me step-by-step advice on how to uninstall old Fx5200 drivers. I tried to remove via Add-Remove Programmes and removed the lot,(Had to resort to system restore) FOOL that i am.
Do i use device manager and uninstall by this route. If advice is being offered, please think along the lines of instructing your family pet how to carry out this task! This is my last attempt and then Out it goes!!!!!
Rover

sil_ver 16:42 14 Sep 2003

Try this click here

spikeychris 16:44 14 Sep 2003

Safe mode will do it. Now get off the table...

OneSirKnight 16:45 14 Sep 2003

if you have xp then go to start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager/click on the + sign next to display adapter,then right click on your fx5200 and select properties,from there you will see a tab with the word "Driver" on there you will see "Uninstal" click on that and thats it just follow instructions,

david-233692 16:55 14 Sep 2003

Have gone this way and backed out when Warned that I am about to remove device from system.
Am i removing from the right location; [ nVidia WDM Video Capture (Universal).

spikeychris 16:57 14 Sep 2003

Windows always shouts at you when you are about to remove system drivers. Re-boot and the machine will assign generic drivers.

david-233692 17:40 14 Sep 2003

I will try to be as concise as possible.
1) I downloaded the following drivers; 45.23 Win 2kxp to a folder i had created. I then by way of device manager uninstalled the old drivers ( my icons are at present the size of golf balls) and attempted to install the updated drivers only when i chose the folder containing the drivers the O.K. button was greyed out? In other words i could not nominate this folder WHY?????

DieSse 17:49 14 Sep 2003

You really didn't need to go to these lengths (though you may now, as you have already gone down a wrong route). You've actually mad the simplest of updates more difficult than you needed.

When you download nvidia drivers - all you need to do is double click on the saved file, and it should unpack itself and install automatically. I have never had to uninstall a previous driver first (and I do use an FX5200 card).

The reason you can't point to the folder where your download is, and get it to install, is that it probably just contains your download - and in itself it is not installable.

You should simply double click on the downloaded file, and let it go through it's own unpacking and installing routine, then all should be well.

david-233692 18:24 14 Sep 2003

Well good people,
i have in my way circumnavigated the World today but, we have no longer a problem as they say in Houston. I have succeded in my efforts but, only with the advice given by all concerned. A big thank-you!!! to all concerned.
Until the next time, Adios Amigos
Ta!

spuds 18:45 14 Sep 2003

Simple wasn't it. Do I now delete you from the 'Throw-out-of-the-window PC Club'.(;o))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017