Hacked Facebook a/c

Cockney Rebel 22:02 26 May 2010

Greetings,
Does anyone on here know of an e mail address for Mark Zuckerberg CEO of Facebook.My lads Facebook has been hacked and a couple of malicious e mails have been sent from his a/c.As fast as I change the password the hacker will alter it again a short while later and we cannot log in.For example I changed the password at about 4-30pm today and lo and behold its been changed again.I have been advised that my sons a/c is active at the moment when I know 100% he is not on.I have tried to delete the acount but it will only deactivate for 14 days then it will be deleted.Each time this hacker signs in the account is reactivated.Any ideas how to stop this if I can,t get in touch with Zuckerberg.

Sea Urchin 22:23 26 May 2010

Hope this will help you:

click here

lotvic 23:04 26 May 2010

How to Fix a Hacked Facebook Account click here (ehow.com)

Cockney Rebel 06:42 27 May 2010

Sea Urchin
Thanks for the reply but I cannot access the account because the hacker is always changing the password.
Lotvic
I copied the url in your link to my browser and was able to fill the relevant form in.I have also found an e mail address and sent a request to permanently delete the account.
I would be grateful if any one has further suggestions
Thanks

lotvic 11:05 27 May 2010

change the password on all your email accounts as they may be compromised. Possibly when the 'new' facebook password was emailed to you it was also being read by the hacker, which means hacker can read your emails (on the server - not on your pc)
also
Run all your antivirus, spyware security progs that you have on your pc. You may have a keylogger or something.

Cockney Rebel 17:21 27 May 2010

I am using Comodo anti virus+firewall.Ran a scan last night nothing was found.I don,t have any anti malware progs on at present.Can you reccomend one please.The e mail a/c that was used for Facebook has been closed.It was not my own personal one.Thanks.

lotvic 19:26 27 May 2010

I use Avast and also have:

On demand scanners
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Mbam.exe download the Free Version click here
SuperAntiSpyware download the Free Version click here

works alongside the programs you have to help secure your system, stops spyware installing
Spyware Blaster from javacoolsoftware, download the Free Version click here manual updates required.

Hope the Facebook close account is successful, fingers crossed :)

Cockney Rebel 09:50 29 May 2010

Have taken your advice and downloaded Super anti Spyware also Spyware Blaster.Ran a scan with SAS this morning and found a shed load of tracking cookies but nothing really untoward.As regards Facebook,the a/c has now been disabled.Have been in touch with some of the friends my lad spoke to and all have confirmed his name is no longer in their friends list.Have also closed his a/c with Myguide.net which was used for his e mail.
Many thanks for your help will now tick this as resolved.

lotvic 12:22 29 May 2010

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it's sorted :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?