Grrr! A popup blocker... Google Mail

cliffoa 09:53 01 Nov 2009

When clicking on links in my google mails, suddenly i have started getting the following message:

"Grrr! A popup blocker may be preventing Google Mail from opening the page. If you have a popup blocker, try disabling it to open the window."

Searching for help on the Google forums I noticed random people are posting all sorts of irresponsible solutions like switching off your pop up blocker. Could this issue have been caused by some trojan or virus designed to encourage users to do exactly that, and drop their security guard?

What I want to know is, why has this suddenly started happening when it never happened before, and I've not changed anything on my computer, unless I've received some bloody update like java or something, which always seems to screw things up.

Not sure if anyone at Google is looking at this, their 'help' section is a bit of a misnomer, forever routing you down FAQs and questions posted by others, a bit like phoning up and going through a never ending push button menu when all you really want to do is speak to a person.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful. Thanks.

birdface 11:15 01 Nov 2009

Maybe try Tools.Internet options .privacy.Sites.And type the address that you want to keep and then press allow.Apply.Ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?