GRRENBORDER SECURITY SOFTWARE?

rotormota 16:05 25 Feb 2007

Hi,

Another thread here at PCA had a link to try out the GreenBorder online security scan. I tried it & it found about a dozen supposedly 'stolen files' & my PC failed on 4 out of 5 of the tests too.

Can this be accurate? The software has good reviews but is this just an over zealous marketing tactic?

I have fully up to date Norton AV, NIS 2006, SpySweeper & Windows Defender running all the time on my 4 month old HP XPMCE PC as well as a spam monitor which deletes 100% of unwanted mail at the server.

Thanks.
J

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:31 25 Feb 2007

Type C:\ into IE address bar and you will see how many programmes give the illusion of 'stealing your files. Interestingly I did the GB scan and had a folder of 'stolen' files. I deleted this and surprise, surprise, whilst in the recycle bin the files would not open. You have more than enough protection and I call cobblers to the 'test'.

G

rotormota 17:14 25 Feb 2007

Perhaps more worrying is that the GB online scan itself looks into a PC at your files & can make such a folder of 'stolen' items?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?