Group Policy Communication Problem

sannaz 13:56 12 Aug 2005

I run a small network using Win 2003, a Belkin Router and three workstations running XP Pro SP2.

One of the workstations is having a problem communicating with the server, specifically arounf Group Policy which is not being applied.

All the settings are the same as the other workstations but group policies are not being applied. If you force group policy through gpupdate, this only works until you shutdown and restart.

The event viewer highlights events ID 1030 and 1080 but we have not been able to resolve this issue through the knowledge base suggestions.

Any suggestion?

recap 15:55 12 Aug 2005

I could not find anything from eventid.net on the event id numbers you supplied. If you click here and enter the number and then the source you may find an answer?

sannaz 09:42 15 Aug 2005

Thanks for the advice. I have already tried this and can find the event however there does not appear to be a fix. Have tried the netdiag option and this has no effect.

Any suggestions?

recap 10:31 15 Aug 2005

Is the time synching with the PDC?

sannaz 10:39 15 Aug 2005

Time is accurate so must be synching OK.

recap 16:40 15 Aug 2005

Check your Domain GP. In Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Group Policy, in the right hand window check the setting for "Group Policy refresh interval for computers". This will refresh the intrerval for the group policy to be applied.

sannaz 19:41 15 Aug 2005

Thanks Recap: Group Policy refresh interval is set to not configured. This is the same for all our workstations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?