Grim Fandango Installation crash

harpo 12:06 11 Jun 2004

Hello

I'm trying to instal GF but the installation routine crashes saying it can't decompress the files needed to cmplete installation - asks to contact software vendor error code 112. Have downloaded the patch that helps running the game on faster machines (AMD 2600+ with 1024MB ram and 256MB radeon 9200 video card). Trouble is you need the game installed to apply the patch.

Lucasarts says should be ok with win xp - but isn't!nor have they come up with a solution

Anyone out there with any ideas? Have tried copying to hard drive first and then install from there - no use. Compatibility tests show my machine as having passed all the game requirements so...

Thanks

Steve

Arthur Scrimshaw 14:10 11 Jun 2004

Try looking on here click here

It seems GF is problematic on XP - some people run it without problems yet others like you cannot get it to work.

It runs ok on my pc (XP home, Asus A7N8X deluxe, xp2700+, radeon 9700pro, 1Gb pc2700) - if you haven't done so get the latest directx and drivers for your hardware.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

harpo 16:16 11 Jun 2004

Arthur Scrimshaw

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Looks like you may be right - I tried the link to the GF forum and there are a load of people running xp who simply don't seem to be able to get the program to work at all, with many being advised to either give up on the program or install a version of win 95/98 on their machine and boot to that. If there are no more positive pca replies to try something different I'll probably give it up as a bad job on this PC - which is a shame as i played the demo version on my old PC (now sold) and i found it to be a great game

Thanks again

Regards

Steve

Arthur Scrimshaw 18:15 13 Jun 2004

Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires