Gremlins in HP Printer Assistant

newearwax 21:46 29 Apr 2005

I have an HP Deskjet 5150 and have encountered an odd problem. As part of the installation there is a program called Printer Assistant. I tried to acess through the Desktop shortcut but instead of the dialog screen all I got was a large white space in the miffle of the desktop. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD that came with the printer and in case there is a disk fault have downloaded drivers from the hp site but still the same outcome. Printer itself works OK.

I then looked at the Printer Assistant properties and the Shortcut option and what I see worries me as starts with "dugout...

Is htere anyone who has a 5150 who can tell me what his shortcut target is shown as as HP seem incommunicado by email etc at this time. Thamks!

newearwax 16:40 30 Apr 2005

bump

I suppose that the target for Printer Assitant in most deskjet printers of the 5100 of which the 5150 is part and similar ones would be pretty well the same so any help will be appreciated even though it may not be exactly the same. It'll be appreciated more than trying to use a useless email system or paying 8p/min to hanf on for ages.

Incidentally has anyone opted to use say the US site of HP or other hardware supplier when the UK site has been unavailable? Good or bad results?

newearwax 23:23 30 Apr 2005

Solved with much finger work i Google that led me to another forum where someone had had a similar problem with another model HP Printer.

Solution: Delete the Printer Assistant program only that is on hard drive and then use CD to go through set up again. \printer Assistant back in pristine condition. Sorry none of you could help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?