Green video problem - Nvidia GEFORCE 9800GT

russ777 16:03 13 Dec 2010

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to watch a video on my computer either online or just playing a DVD.

It starts to play ok then the monitor goes blank, it then re loads but the video screen is just green. I still have audio.

Does this mean my Graphics card (Nvidia 1024MB GEFORCE 9800GT) has had it? If it helps it started after I updated the driver but rolling it back didn't solve the problem.

Has anyone else had this? and how do I solve it?

Thanks

gengiscant 16:41 13 Dec 2010

Try this.
Download the latest drivers.
Uninstall Graphics card drivers.
Use this to clean any left over bits of driver.click here
Switch off PC and remove Grapics card and make sure fan is clean.
Reseat card. Install new drivers.
Post back.

russ777 20:01 14 Dec 2010

Thanks,
I tried that but was still having a problem, it only happens when trying to watch videos on line.

This is the error message that I get:-
display driver NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver, version 260.99 stopped responding and has sucessfully recovered

Hope that helps

GaT7 20:23 14 Dec 2010

Appears to be a widespread problem click here with no one cure. You'll have to browse through some of those & hopefully find a solution in the first few that resolves it. G

russ777 11:07 15 Dec 2010

Wow, went through a lot of that last night, can't believe that it’s been happening since 2007!

I have got it working better, seams to play videos now but still has the problem now and then, Think I've just come to the decision that I won’t be buying NVIDIA cards again.

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?