Graphics Upgrade

BigMan24 06:03 25 Apr 2005

Hi guys,

My laptop is a Samsung X05 XTC 1400. Stats are:
Pentium M 1.4,
chipset Intel 82855 GM,
memory 512MB ram (upgraded from 256mb),
30gb hard disk,
graphics, Intel Extreme Graphics 128MB (shared with ram).

I'm looking at a couple of games for my pc, like star wars KOTOR 2, and world of warcraft. But both need a dedicated craphics card, and some people recommend 1GB ram.

My question to u is, can I upgrade my graphics? do u think I need to upgrade my laptop? Do u think it would be worth it? and how much do u think it would cost?

Cheers guys!

goonerbill © ® 09:30 25 Apr 2005

from what i can find out on the web, you cannot upgrade the graphics on you laptop. are you sure that it also share's 128mb of system ram, as all info i can find states 64mb. upgrading ram will be pointless as well, if it only uses 64mb or 128mb system ram. 256mb system ram would be best but even then its all down to how good the graphics chip is.

to be honest, a new laptop or pc will be your best solution if you wish to play games but dont get budget models or you will have the same problems.

Noelg23 10:45 25 Apr 2005

goonerbill is right...your best bet would be either get a new laptop or PC...trying to upgrade the graphics on the laptop will be very expensive..and since the graphics is onboard it will be a lot of money...but I dont understand how you can have a 128MB onboard graphics sharing the memory on the laptop...seems weird..the highest i have seen for onboard graphics is 64MB and thats on desktop PCs...

BigMan24 14:53 25 Apr 2005

sorry guys,

after u saying u didnt think the 128mb shared graphics sounded right, i went and checked it out. And u are correct, my mistake, I have 64mb shared graphics!

thanks for ur advice!

Guess I wont be playing any games on my laptop!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?