graphics problem need help

dazzling 17:09 08 Aug 2007

im having problems with graphics on an old pc athlon xp 1ghz 256mb ram 40gb hard drive nvidia tnt 32mb graphics card. the problem is in windows and web pages buttons are not highlighted and there is no colour to them. eg on the pca site where it says click here to publish thread thats all there is no button or background colour just black writting on a white background and no background behind the threads or coloured bar across the top.same in add remove programs no buttons down side just writing. anyone any ideas operating system windows 2000. p.s. i thought it was the graphics card so i changed it but no joy. thanks darren

Totally-braindead 17:16 08 Aug 2007

Could it be the monitor, can you try it on another PC?

dazzling 17:58 08 Aug 2007

oh sorry my fault its not monitor have tried that as well. darren

Stuartli 18:12 08 Aug 2007

Have you tried updating the graphics drivers?

See:

click here

dazzling 13:16 09 Aug 2007

stuartli the driver thats in is the one of the microsoft site which seems to work ok. i tried to install the latest nvidia driver but it would not install despite removing all previous drivers,it said it could not find a nvidia graphics card. darren

umbongo(uk) 10:24 12 Aug 2007

you did pick the tnt graphics card driver on the list also dont forget you will need the international version on the left not the american drivers

your driver linked below give it another shot
the 29.6mb file
click here

umbongo(uk) 10:26 12 Aug 2007

***srry on the right of the american one ***

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?