graphics problem with drivers

FungusBoggieman 17:55 16 Feb 2007

I have a problem so to speek with the graphics on my pc. I have a p4 2.4ghz 512mb ram geforce fx 550 256mb graphics card.
I have the nvidia xp drivers 93.71 forceware installed yesterday i uninstalled the drivers for card and reinstalled new drivers from guru3d.com version 97.28 all was fine my gaming improved 100 percent which is great but when I play any video mpeg avi files I am getting no vidoe playbac i get sound but no pic unistalled codecs reinstalled codes all in on and klites but no good video id exstremly dark and un watchable.
uninstalled 97.28 drivers reinstalled 93.71 all is fine again, but gaming has gone right down hill agian how can i solve this prob because i would like to have good gaming and whatch video on pc help.

Technotiger 18:01 16 Feb 2007

Hi, maybe more RAM, as much as you can afford or that your mobo can take. Would certainly be an improvement.

Totally-braindead 18:03 16 Feb 2007

What program are you using to watch videos?

I'm thinking its some sort of conflict between the new drivers and the program you use to watch videos. If thats what it is then solutions would be try the graphics driver immediately before the 93.71 and see what that does or try to upgrade whatever video program you are using or get a new video program - there are some free ones like media player classic as an example.

FungusBoggieman 22:11 16 Feb 2007

I have tryed video in media player classic/wmp11 quick time/winamp/cyberlink dvd all are the same no picture but all audio codecs installed gone back to the old graphics drivers and all is ok except gaming is lagging alot now

Wizards_Sleeve 23:28 16 Feb 2007

On my old Geforce 6600GT, I had to use an old set of drivers for the very same reason. I couldn't use any 9x.xx version of forceware. So had to revert to using a much older 8x.xx version!! boo hiss. never got round to fixing it though! Does the whole system SSSLLLLOOOOOWWWW right down aswell??

FungusBoggieman 12:47 18 Feb 2007

I have installed drivers version 95.97 they run ok after alot of driver install/uninstall of different version gameing is fine with this version but now i cannot assec the nvida control panel to adjust the analising to x4 x8 just have to keep trying difernt versions i supose shame about the video with vesion 97.28 where the games run fantastic no lag atall do i make a sacrifice on the video front maybe
mind you just noticed there is a version 97.44 on nvidia site my last resort

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?