Graphics problem

dugit 12:06 04 Sep 2008

I have a Packard Bell, media 5095, motherboard columbia 2, pentium 4, bought 19/02/03.
My computer seems to be getting worse with graphic problems:
1. when I switch on the cursor will freeze after a few minutes and computer comes up with fault of graphics driver.
2. Othertimes after a few minutes the picture appears to break up a bit and then the resolution and colours change with the letters looking larger.
I may have to restart my computer 3, 4 or 5 times at least before I can use it.
When the computer is finally going ok and I don't switch it off for at least a week it does seem to work ok although I feel it is slow at doing things.
I have updated Nvidia drivers with no improvements.
My wife also has exactly the same type of computer bought at the same time and gets similar faults but not quite as bad.
Below is a typical response to the faults I get:

"Problem caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver
This problem was caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver. This program was created by NVIDIA Corporation. NVIDIA Corporation does not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported.
BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 82B3A9B8 BCP2 : 82D1B6F0 BCP3 : F8B08CB4
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1 "

Any suggestions on how to solve my problems would be appreciated.

chub_tor 13:03 04 Sep 2008

Can you tell us a bit more about your machine please. Operating system, Service Packs installed, Ram, available space on the hard drive, is the graphics a separate card or on the mother board?

kalignorgna 13:33 04 Sep 2008

from the pic of the mobo I found it has both PCI and AGP slots so i would get a high AGP card as replacement should be able to pick one for £10 now

citadel 17:34 04 Sep 2008

the psu may be failing as this causes all sorts of errors and windows is baffled by it.

dugit 18:41 04 Sep 2008

I have used dxdiag but under display there is no mention of type AGP or PCI?
Exactly what type of graphic replacement card should I get?

kalignorgna 10:38 10 Oct 2008

heres some pic's of mobo's to identify PCI, AGP and PCI-E found on google click here and click here (blue is the PCI-E x16 and the white the same size is a normal PCI-E the smaller white is a old PCI)

kalignorgna 10:44 10 Oct 2008

and is this what ur pc look's like? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?