graphics overclock tweak programs

pookie 10:15 23 Jul 2004

hi

i had a 9700pro which i used rage3d to slightly o/c. i've installed sapphire x800pro and run rage3d but the x800pro is not supported. i uninstalled rage3d. i installed redline o/c that came with x800pro but that doesn't work as it says my card is not supported. i downloaded and tried the sapphire redline update but still doesn't work. i've tried latest rage3d but it still doesn't support x800pro.

looking in 'msconfig - startup' rage3dtweak is still listed even though i've uninstalled it.

now then, i've downloaded radlinker and it works ok. however, the defaults are the core/memory that i used for o/c 9700pro rather than what the default x800pro should be. even if i adjust radlinker it still seems to default back to o/c 9700pro settings on reboot.

i have latest drivers etc. should i just format and start again. thing is i don't want to o/c x800pro - i just weant it to run at it's default.

many thanks

P

harps1h 10:30 23 Jul 2004

did you try ati tool? not sure if your card is supported

harps1h 10:40 23 Jul 2004

try click here and see if this will work for you

pookie 10:55 23 Jul 2004

many thanks - unsure i want to install another tweak program when i have several uninstalled ones that are still in start up and registry.

i think format may be only way to get rid of these. at least then after reformat x800pro should run at it's default settings of core/memory - shouldn't it?

P

pookie 12:22 23 Jul 2004

anyother thoughts before i go home and reformat?

P

harps1h 14:21 23 Jul 2004

just yet! download widow washer as this will rid your system of dead links and registery entries

pookie 14:33 23 Jul 2004

excellant thanks - don't suppose you have a link?

harps1h 21:56 23 Jul 2004

sorry i have just realised that it was on a cd that i got of a rival magazine and it is called wincleaner ultra. i've sent you the name

harps

CurlyWhirly 23:09 23 Jul 2004

Pookie

If you have items in the MSconfig utility that are uninstalled but still present (i.e. the box is unticked) you can get rid of these 'leftover' entries by using REGEDIT.

Here's how:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SharedTools\MSConfig\startupreg

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SharedTools\MSConfig\startupfolder

p.s. ONLY delete these registry entries if the actual program IS uninstalled!
CW

pookie 14:47 24 Jul 2004

thanks guys - i've already formatted and reinstalled without any over/clock tweakers - formatted for peace of mind

have a good weekend

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?