graphics or tv card

no way 16:05 18 Nov 2006

can anyone help or advise, im trying to run my vcr thru my pc to put the cassettes onto dvd, easy but do i have to put a new video card in? (one with vivo) or could i use a tv card. currently i have an x800gt fitted (no vivo) im happy with it so i dont really want to upgrade ,could i fit a second say pci slot and leave mt x800gt in the pcie any one got any ideas
or shall i just keep the old vcr and save some time and trouble haha

[email protected] 16:49 18 Nov 2006

Have a look here, may help:
click here
I never got around to trying it to see if it works but the peritel lead from your VCR would be the same as the peritel lead from my adsl box in my case EG: Just normal adio/video.

no way 16:57 18 Nov 2006

no think you got the wrong end of that Ive got one of those dvb tv sticks .. anyway)my prob is i want to input from the vcr cassette to my pc so as i can write them to dvd and sling my old vcr and cassettes

De Marcus™ 17:00 18 Nov 2006
  no way 17:06 18 Nov 2006

good old ebuyer looks a good buy and will save on hdisk space think i will go down that road thanks to all especialy de marcus... spot on.

Stuartli 17:08 18 Nov 2006

If you install a PCI Freeview TV card such as:

click here

you can connect a VCR and use the software to make recordings.

I have the Twinhan Freeview DTV-ter D+A equivalent but it seems to have been discontinued.

[email protected] 17:22 18 Nov 2006

Sorry, thought you wanted to get stuff from your VCR to HDD. Is the input to your VCR this dvb tv stick? Not familiar with this at all.

Stuartli 18:45 18 Nov 2006

The USB TV sticks only appear to have an aerial input, unlike many of the TV cards.

woodchip 18:47 18 Nov 2006

This will do all you ask, I use one when I need to get stuff off old Camcoder or VHS click here

jimv7 18:53 18 Nov 2006

Why not buy a stand alone dvd recorder, connect the video to dvd via a scart lead, play on the video, record on the dvd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?