Graphics cards

lucozade9 21:17 29 May 2005

Im getting a new HP computer through my work where i get it leased then buy it at end of lease and it works out cheap than buying the pc.

I ordered-
click here

And they have upgraded it to this free of charge-
click here

However the graphics card is different and lower spec

Will i notice a difference in graphics playing games such as GTR in high detail? Nicator who are leasing the pc say on there site there will be no noticable difference however i am worried as it said before a gaming pc however i am told the new card used up the computers main memory rather than its own.

User-312386 21:41 29 May 2005

yes you will notice the differnce

The second one has turbocache and the first one has a PCI EXPRESS card

User-312386 21:42 29 May 2005

Only if you are using really intense games or editing suites

Dan the Doctus 21:46 29 May 2005

My laptop has exactly the same 6200 with TurboCache graphics. It plays Half-Life 2 pretty well (with detail level set to medium) which is more than adequate for me, but probably wouldn't be for a 'gamer'. I wouldn't worry too much about the TurboCache feature - it does use system RAM but in a very fast and efficient way, and won't have any effect on the game.

However, if you want a true gaming PC then I would steer clear of this card and go for a 6800.

lucozade9 21:53 29 May 2005

cheers for the quick response

i cant change the spec of the pc but as long as it will play the racing games such a gtr and grand prix 4 i dont mind as im not an intense gamer

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:58 29 May 2005

although I don't think you'll be happy. click here

Dan the Doctus 22:03 29 May 2005

I don't have Grand Prix 4 but I do have Grand Prix 3 and it is mind-blowingly fast. With the system specs of your machine it would be even faster so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

User-312386 22:12 29 May 2005

you will be fine with those specs

lucozade9 10:10 30 May 2005

i have grand prix 3 for my current pc (over 4 years old) and its runs great however im told gp4 is a lot more draining on the pc so you need quite a high spec pc to run it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?