Graphics Card...any good??

IanR_ 16:11 13 May 2004

click here

is the above a good purchase??

Totally-braindead 16:42 13 May 2004

Yes its a cracker the 9800 pro is one of the best cards about and for the money you are getting a brand name card. Looks like a good deal. However I was one of the "lucky" ones who got an unbranded 9800 Pro from Overclockers about 6 weeks ago, regardless of what I did I just couldn't get it to run, and believe me when I say I know all about installing new hardware so it wasn't just me not knowing what I was doing. I even spent another £30 on a new power supply thinking it might be that, but it wasn't made no difference whatsoever. After a week of tearing my hair out I was forced to conclude the card was actually faulty and Overclockers refunded the money. Bought a MSI GeForce5900XT and it runs brilliantly not even a glitch and it was about the same money. So you take your chances, however if I was looking for a new card now, I would seriously consider this one as its a brand name card and of all the components I've bought over the years most of my trouble has been caused by buying cheap unbranded bits.

gudgulf 16:45 13 May 2004

YES

byfordr 16:47 13 May 2004

Superb card! £133 click here £140 for one by Sapphire click here 9800pro inc vat (not heard of company click here

ThePharcyde007 16:50 13 May 2004

Only thing I would recommend would also to buy a Artic Cooler to go with that, you can then clock the gfx gpu and mem to XT speeds ;-) otherwise fine. I have been playing Farcry and ave 50fps with a 9800 pro clocked to xt

IanR_ 17:03 13 May 2004

sounds like i will have to get my wallet out then...thanx for the replies,i suppose at that price i cant refuse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?