Graphics Card Upgrade

Mr Confused 15:16 11 Nov 2005

I currently have a GeForce FX5500 128Mb graphics card installed on my computer (which came as standard on my Dell computer about 2 years ago). I am now at a stage where I'm looking to upgrade it so that graphics will look and run more smoothly particulary on today's graphical intensive games.

Having looked on a few websites and seeing that they range from about £30 - £1000 in price, I am confused as to what differentiates one graphics card from another. I had always just assumed that the higher the Mb's, the better the card would be but I have since found out that this is not the case. Can someone advise me on what I should be looking for when comparing graphics card and what an average spec is by today's standard?

I am looking to get an APG card with a spec as high as possible with a budget of no more than £75. Can anyone recommend a card?

bremner 16:11 11 Nov 2005

You would notice a marked improvemnet with this card click here

GaT7 16:43 11 Nov 2005

I'd suggest a refurbished (90-day warranty) ATI Radeon 9800 Pro from click here. For total, add about £7-8 for delivery to the VAT price.

Or, the same card from eBay click here.

Article/benchmarks: click here. G

citadel 19:16 11 Nov 2005

a 6600gt will be good and can play all new games well, plus it does the new shaders etc that make new games look good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?