graphics card probs!!!

gibbonboy 11:31 31 Dec 2006

hi! im hoping someone can help me as i am new to computing. i have just bought TOTAL WAR 2 and after downloading it realized that the graphics hardware in my pc would not run it. its an acer aspire t135 amd semporon. to cut a long story short i purchase a radeon x1300 pro card and i belive i have installed it ok. it works on another game ok, but not on TOTAL WAR 2 as the screen goes green and only the top left hand corner is visible. i would be really gratefull for any help thanks !!

Totally-braindead 11:34 31 Dec 2006

Try downloading the latest ATI drivers and see if that helps click here
Does this graphics card of yours have a seperate power supply connector and if so did you connect it?

Demora 10:16 01 Jan 2007

Have a look in the documentation that came with the game for screen resolution. Sometimes this needs to be changed. Also an awful lot of games come out and then need a patch.

As I don't know this game, that might be the case.

D

Totally-braindead 23:19 01 Jan 2007

gibbonboy please do not email people unless they ask you to. Don't mind in this case but what you are meant to do is add into your posting at the bottom not email people.

By email " hi i think i have connected the power supply ok. thanks very much for the link i will give it a try. thanks again for the advice! "

Further to the point Demora raised there could very well be a patch for the game and it is definately worth looking for it and updating the game as well. And if you look on the games website there is usually a forum for people who have problems with the specific game.

Demora 08:49 02 Jan 2007

Thanks for the add to my post Totally braindead. I'd be interested to see the outcome of this as I installed the very same graphics card 6 days ago.

D

Totally-braindead 01:01 03 Jan 2007

gibbonboy you have not posted back and I have had a bit of a think about this.

If you can play another graphics intensive game and it causes no problems then the fault must be with the game that crashes. If you have another game which pushes the card a bit and doesn't crash then it has to be the game.

gibbonboy 20:39 03 Jan 2007

its a duff game. i borrowed another copy from a mate and that one is fine. thanks for the help all !!

Totally-braindead 22:48 03 Jan 2007

Thanks for letting us know. I had the same thing with a game last year, the replacement was fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?