graphics card problems

bsp1 18:13 11 Jul 2003

can anybody help me,i recently went out and brought a new graphics card model no :nvidia tornado geforce4 mx440 se tv sdr 128mb agp.my existing graphics port is sis 630-730 chipset which is intergrated with my motherboard.the problem is that when i my new card my p.c locks up.how do i get this to work?do i have to uninstall the sis if so how do i do this?i have tried to uninstall before but everytime i reboot my system it re-installs automatically again.

perpetually-perplexed 18:19 11 Jul 2003

others will be more help but i disabled my on board graphics chip in the bios first, other wise you get conflicts

User-312386 18:51 11 Jul 2003

go into the bios, to do that restart computer and start tapping the Delete key

Now look in the bios 1st for onboard graphics, you have to disable this

Next look in the bios for AGP port and ensure that it is enabled

madboy33

dfghjkl 19:29 11 Jul 2003

i have the same problem,same chipset,on a matsonic 8308e mobo,every time i use this forum i get "advised"to turn of in bios,even though i say every time that there is no bios setting for on board graphics.in the end i got fed up with people telling me to do something that i had already said was not possible,i have mobo manual and there are no jumper settings either,i have not given up hope but am running out of ideas.my mate done his by loading os on differant pc then putting hard drive into pc with sis chipset,but that was on 98se,i am on xp so i think that xp would detect sis and load its own drivers putting me back to square one.good luck

woodchip 19:44 11 Jul 2003

If you go to device manager, you can remove the tick in the box Exists in all Hardware. It will not remove it but it will disable it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?