graphics card problem

tonksy 16:35 14 Dec 2009

hi guys, ive been having a problem with a graphics card i bought for a few weeks now. its a nvidia geforce fx5900 (rubbish i know but i only want to play 1 game on it, so is good enough for my needs) the problem is whenever i try to run the game it crashes on the load screen and i cannot play the game, also i get graphical issues now and again (lines down the screen etc..) at first i thought it was my power unit didnt have enough power so i bought a 500w psu with 34a on the 12v rail and still the problem persists any help would be HUGELY appreciated (i have the newest drivers 2) if u need any other info please ask

chub_tor 17:01 14 Dec 2009

The fx5900 must be a pretty old design by now as this patch against flickering click here was issued in 2003. It would help if we knew your operating system to make sure that you have the latest drivers

tonksy 17:19 14 Dec 2009

hi thanks for responding it crashes my game whenever i start it also. it is an old card but i only wanted it 2 play one game,my os is xp sp3

chub_tor 17:50 14 Dec 2009

Is this the driver you have? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?