graphics card power required

jezzabevan 15:01 07 Jan 2007

Waiting for delivery of a new XFX GeForce 7600 GS graphics card. How do I find out what is the minimum power supply this requires - had a look on XFX web site but can't find any info there???? Anyone know if this card needs a separate power supply addit to the AGP?

gudgulf 15:32 07 Jan 2007

require extra power.

"Another interesting thing is that this card requires extra power -- unlike all the G73 PCI Express versions. This is due to the HSI Bridge and the AGP specification. Therefore, you will be required to attach a Molex connector to this card. This card has one DVI connector, one old 15-pin standard VGA connector and an S-Video TV Out connector."

From this review click here

the gt states 300 watt psu minimum, but i had a 350watt and it didnt stand a chance!!
have now got 530watt, i suppose it doesnt know what else your running, mines pci express, 2 x 160 hdds 5 x 512mg ddr2 webcam eta i think its advised, on the threads i read here that 400/ 450 should be minimum

jezzabevan 18:02 07 Jan 2007

Thanks for responses. Any recommendations as to which PSU i should buy. Found this on CCL - any good? Black
Hiper HPU-4M580 Type R 580W ATX2.2 PSU.

completely first class, i bought a cheap one which was deafening replaced in with a hiper click here
excellent quality near silent, would recomend them to anyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?