Graphics card - again

Ade_1 17:20 15 Jan 2006

I think i have finally come to the decision that i dont need a really good graphics card wlike the ones i was lookign at. I am only goign one step up and wanting to buy a X550. Can anyone tell me if they support Open GL? And which one is the best to get thanks

citadel 17:33 15 Jan 2006

as they are all made to the same reference design get the one with games and software you don't have.

Ade_1 17:37 15 Jan 2006

ok thanks, Do you know if they support open GL or not?

Softstag 18:14 15 Jan 2006

Almost all graphics cards these days support Open GL. The Radion X550 is no exception:
click here

Ade_1 19:32 15 Jan 2006

can someone tell me what the difference is here?
click here

click here

I dont understand....
Unless im missing something - Help would be greatly appriciated :)

007al 19:37 15 Jan 2006

PCWorld over charging again!
The Sapphire card would be my choice of the two,as they work closely with ATI

Ade_1 19:49 15 Jan 2006

ok, just a mate has the pcworld one and lookign at the price difference i though that the one from ebuyer was not as good. Obviously just the same im assuming. When its called Powercolour im assuming its just a differnet producers e.g. Sapphire and wsell Powercolour?

Ade_1 21:24 15 Jan 2006

am i correct in what i am saying? that Powercolour and Sapphire are just differnet produces and as 007al has said - that he woudl go for the sapphire so ther is no real difference?

Totally-braindead 21:43 15 Jan 2006

Yes you are correct the cards are the same just by different manufacturers, if I had the choice I'd also get the Sapphire one, its the Lite edition, all that means is you don't get the games, which lets face it are usually rubbish anyway.

007al 21:57 15 Jan 2006

Looking at the Sapphire site has confused me a bit now.The ebuyer title says it has 256MB,but the spec on Sapphire`s site says it has available onboard memory DDR1 at 64MB or 128MB,in which case the PCWorld would be the better option as it has 256MB of DDR2 RAM
The ebuyer ad also says it has passive cooling,and the Sapphire site clearly shows a fan
click here

ade.h 22:01 15 Jan 2006

Yes, but some things vary:

1) Warranty period

2) Quality of fan - smooth and quiet would be nice if it HAS to have a fan.

3) Quality of rear I/O. This can be a bit variable, IME.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?