Graphics card

The Sheep 12:34 17 Nov 2005

Hi all.

I have just bought a new PC which has I'm told a very good graphiocs card (cant remember what kind it is......at work at the mo).

What i'm really looking for is can anyone recommend a site where i could check the capabilities of the card? I will be purchasing a few games for it at the end of the month but until then i would just like to see what the card is capable of.

Thanks people :)

ACOLYTE 12:37 17 Nov 2005

It's hard to say what the card would be capable of with otu knowing what card it is,but

click here

click here

these bentchmark programs should give you a general idea what the card and pc can do.

Strawballs 13:01 17 Nov 2005

click here download and install this it will give you a benchmark on your system then you can compare it against others

The Sheep 23:40 17 Nov 2005

the card is an ati radeon X800GT

keef66 11:34 18 Nov 2005

It's a nice mid-range card; It'll play most of todays games in high detail and at high resolution. In the absence of a game the benchmarks will give you some idea what it can do, but don't get hung up on them. Whatever card you've got, there'll be a bigger, better, faster one released next month.

If you want to know where it is in the current graphics card pecking order look here

click here

or have a look at the reviews on Tom's Hardware

Keef

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?