Graphics Card

FRANNY 10:00 18 Sep 2004

My computer is a P4 1700 about 3 years old,i was wondering how good my graphics card is compared to todays offerings.I guess what i want to hear is that i could significantly improve the card at todays prices without to much outlay,can someone advise,my current card is tha ATI RADEON VE DDR.

Simon_P 10:53 18 Sep 2004

A selection of todays cards
from around £50
click here

I dont know much about the card that you have but I would think that any of todays offerings will be far better than what you have.

Cuddles 11:49 18 Sep 2004

The question you should be asking yourself is, "does the card I have got do what i need it to do" if it does then why change it.

OU812 00:52 19 Sep 2004

If you want to play the latest games in anything like there full glory then i'll guarantee your GFX card won't be up to the job, along with likely as not your motherboard and CPU

If however you mostly use your PC for 2D applications or less demanding older games theres little reason for you to upgrade,

Cybermaxx 13:50 19 Sep 2004

If you look here and scroll down a bit

click here

You'll see that your card is of the DX7 generation and is rather slow by todays' standards.

Is it AGP or PCI? If it's PCI, do you have an AGP slot on your motherboard? If you have an AGP slot, which speeds of AGP does it support?

Also, what types of game are you looking to play?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?