Graphic drivers

podlod 08:06 17 Jul 2008

Hi, I do not remember if i have asked this question before, but I have gone to Nvidia to download new drivers being in my case is GeForce 7600 drivers ( is this 7 series? )and although I have downloaded them and also opened, there does not seem to be any Icons which there normally is that do their job. The prob being is where are the icons? and if I already have these drivers will it say so? if I do have the double drivers, how do I know which ones to delete? And can I delete the old existing drivers that have been there for some time, or do I keep them. I hope I have explained myself fully, thanks.

gazzaho 08:37 17 Jul 2008

Your card is a 7 series and the latest drivers are version 175.19, you can check this against the drivers installed on your machine by right clicking anywhere on the desktop and selecting NVIDIA control Panel from the menu options, when this opens look for a System Information link usually at the lower left had corner and click it, you should see a window with Display and Components tabs, click the Display tab and it should show your graphics card and ForceWare version. If this version is 175.19 the you're up to date if it's 175.16 for instance then older drivers are on your system.

Are you sure you downloaded the drivers correctly? You should have a 61MB exe file with 175.19 and geforce somewhere in the file name. If not try downloading it again and saving it to your desktop for instance.

When installing the drivers firstly uninstall the old ones then unload your antivirus software, note I didn't say uninstall it, there should be some way to temporarily turn it of while you install the new drivers.

podlod 14:56 24 Jul 2008

Hi, just want to say thanks you for info, and sorry did not come back to you sooner but I have been shut down from the Internet since this question and my server cannot do its job properly, it has taken this long!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?