GRAPHIC CARD’s one or two

MICRON 23:00 25 Oct 2007

Help advice needed please.
Is two good GRAPHIC CARD’s, ie: INNO3D 8800 GTS. 32O MB
Better than one top of the range G-CARD, ie: INNO3D 8800 GTX. 768 MB
The computer is to be used for photo image editing / editing video and editing music. Not games
THANKS MICRON

DJ-Garry 00:06 26 Oct 2007

Unless you are using seperate (ie 2) monitors, you could not use two graphics cards at the same time ans even if your were, your motherboard would have to beable o support two graphics cards. As far as I know, even in a two card pc, they would not work in tandem and/or compliment each other. Each card had one monitor output (sometimes two but that's to run two monitors off of one card), so get the best single graphics card your motherboard and your wallet can support!

keef66 10:22 26 Oct 2007

SupaGaz; it has been possible for at least 2 years to have 2 graphics cards working together to power a single monitor. The Nvidia version is called SLI, the ATI version is Crossfire

consensus seems to be that it's better to have one really good card rather than 2 poorer ones in SLI or crossfire.

Have a look at Tom's Hardware Guide VGA charts; I think they include some dual card benchmarks.

Having said all that, I don't think you need an expensive card, and certainly not two, if you aren't into games. The applications you describe will benefit from a fast cpu and plenty of fast ram, but don't require much graphics muscle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?