graphic card problem please help

User-2F8B7A50-860F-4E4A-9D25A34A37589C49 14:51 06 Oct 2005

ive installed a graphic card a radeon 9200 se 128 mb..however its working in conjunction with my 8mb on board graphics which are chipset..it isnt working properley as when i try to view a game the screen becomes kaliedascope in colour then goes black? when i checked on device manager ive noticed there is a yellow sign next to the onboard graphics? this is driving me nuts does anybody know whats going on here and can they help ..many thanks..gazza.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 14:57 06 Oct 2005

restart your machine go into setup and disable the onbard graphics

sharkfin 14:57 06 Oct 2005

Hi, the reason your graphics is working and for the yellow question mark is becuase you haven't installed the driver for your graphics card yet. The driver enables windows XP to recognise your graphics card.

You can download the drivers from ATI: click here

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 14:58 06 Oct 2005

have you been in to the bios set up and disabled on board graphics sometimes you have to do this when installing a new g card

sorry the yellow sign is next to my onboard graphics controller not next to the radeon graphics card ..yes?

also when i click on onboard graphic controller its says theres a problem with this device error code 10...??

Klof Ron 15:37 06 Oct 2005

At the risk of repeating the good advice above, error code 10 means no drivers installed, carry out the advice above re restarting you PC, go into BIOS, disable your on board graphics card, save and exit BIOS, allow PC to re-boot and all your problems will go away.

sorry for this but i cannot disable onboard graphics as in bios there is no facilty to allow me to do this..unless im looking in the the wrong place ..please advise me how to get into the bios as i cant remember and what im looking for ..many thanks..garry..i presume im looking for onboard grahics yes?

Rayuk 16:14 06 Oct 2005

What make and model motherboard do you have?

the motherboard is a cm33-tc..made by award..you can view this on click here this helps me..cheers..garry

try ..click here ..garry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?