Graphic Card Information

23790954 21:50 31 Mar 2006

First of all may I thank everyone who has taken the trouble to help me in the past. I have now come across another graphic card situation of which I am unsure. As an elderly pensioner who enjoys building and repairing computers for his family, as a hobby, I have successfully built numerous ATX tower systems. On this occasion I decided to try and build a micro ATX system, which has gone perfectly except for the graphic situation. The motherboard I have installed, is a Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF and in the manual for it it states that the brown graphic slot is a PCI express slot. Due to this I purchased a new Radeon Sapphire ATI X300SE PCI card to use for the graphics. Now when switching on the Micro ATX system it boots up perfectly, the floppy drive sounds normal, the system makes its correct one bleep but nothing is shown on the TFT monitor which remains in stand-by mode. I am using a new 40gig SATA11 hard drive which also needs the system installed on it, but I cannot do this or check the bios until I detect and rectify the problem. I have never had this problem with normal graphics cards. Many thanks for any advice given.

Mikè 22:20 31 Mar 2006

Your board has onboard graphics, in the first instance connect your monitor to this. Afterwards you will need to disable the onboard graphics in the bios.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?