Up grading a Compaq Notebook

gill 11:57 04 May 2009

Hi I have a compaq Presario 900n Notebook.Other details are:- Series PP2140.(P908 EA.)
It is very slow and as it only has 250 mb of Ram I thought an upgrade might help.
I believe it will only acept a max of 1 Gig.
Has this notebook got more than one slot and if so, how do I access the second slot.
Also, is there any site that I can download a manual? Many thanks for your help.
Gill

Sea Urchin 12:03 04 May 2009

Download for the user manual - it is a compressed file (.rar), so you'll need to unzip it

click here

gill 12:13 04 May 2009

Hi Sea Urchin,Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded this file but when I try to open it it says" Data error in Compaq Presario 900 Series pdf File is Broken".
Am I doing something wrong? Gill

Sea Urchin 12:15 04 May 2009

No you're not - it does appear to be a corrupted file

Sea Urchin 12:32 04 May 2009

OK - it's a multipart download - 4 parts in all, of which all have to be downloaded before unzipping. On the link I gave you you will notice under File Information it says Multipart and 4 parts (confusingly numbered 0,1,2 and 3)

Click each of these in turn, and download to the desktop - then hopefully they will all unzip correctly.

I'm just going to try it now, and will report back.

Sea Urchin 12:38 04 May 2009

OK that works - download all four as above to the desktop (for easy access) then unzip the first one - the whole manual will unzip.

Quite a performance for 187 pages :@)

Sea Urchin 12:42 04 May 2009

I think you're right - the max RAM would be 1GB

click here

Sea Urchin 19:04 04 May 2009

So how did you get on?

gill 21:34 04 May 2009

Hi Sea Urchin,Sorry for the delay. Only just got back to my computer.I have done as you say an eureka! I have a manual. Many thanks my friend. you are a star.Gill

Sea Urchin 23:39 04 May 2009

Glad it worked OK for you as well - it seems quite a good manual, although it's the first time I've known one to come in four parts!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?