Graded colour background

  chesterfield 16:07 20 Sep 2005

Ive seen a few websites recently where the background has a gradient on it - a light colour fading into dark...

I dont think that they are using a large image in the background so how are they doing this?

here's a nice example -

click here

  djinn 20:32 20 Sep 2005

It's all in the CSS - check this out for a wee demo..........

click here


  Bebee 20:49 20 Sep 2005

I edited the .gif file in NetObjects Fusion8 to add a gradient to a current background gif file click here using Photoshop Elements. I wanted a fairly subtle gradient to take the edge of the white.

But I think, as djinn says, that the program then uses it as part of the CSS.

  chesterfield 10:33 21 Sep 2005

Thats fantastic guys - thanks a lot for your help


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017