gpu upgrade in samsung r530 help

thesoulreaper 10:32 30 Jun 2010

can i upgrade my graphics card in my r530 ja02 laptop??
really want to upgrade from the in built graphics, and if yes which card to go for

keef66 11:13 30 Jun 2010

Unfortunately you can't upgrade graphics on a laptop. That's the reason desktops are still popular with gamers.

Is gaming the reason for the question?

northumbria61 11:20 30 Jun 2010

You cannot upgrade the graphics card on any laptop as the graphics card is manufactured during the PC built up. It requires you to change the entire motherboard. So it would be better to buy a new laptop. Go for a desktop which would keep you enough room for upgrades.

gengiscant 12:48 30 Jun 2010

There are some laptops out there that can accept a new video chip, but I doubt yours is one of them. They tend to be higher end laptops, and you have to have an Nvidia/ATI chip already. If you want better graphics, time to go buy a better laptop, thats how you upgrade a laptop

barchal 20:36 10 Nov 2010

I have a Samsung R780 with Nvidia GeForce GT 330M graphics. Would this be upgradeable as the drivers for this card keep producing a blue screen at startup, even after re-installing windows 7.

GaT7 21:18 10 Nov 2010

wezley1978, unfortunately gengiscant is probably right.

------------------------------------------------

barchal, having had a look at your laptop at Samsung click here, there's no info that a graphics upgrade is possible.

Why do you suspect the graphics card drivers are causing the BSODs? If you've confirmed they are indeed at fault, try another/older driver version. Try the version that Samsung is offering at their site click here. If no joy, try Nvidia's latest drivers: Win7 32-bit click here / 64-bit click here. G

Quiller. 22:01 10 Nov 2010

now have an inbuilt pci-e mini slot.
These can take a different assortment of dedicated graphics cards and not rely on motherboard graphics chips.

Ashrich 23:40 10 Nov 2010

Or even not-so-top-end , my Inspiron 6400 has a dedicated ATI mobility Radeon X1400 in it .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?