GPU Fans not working correctly

Judangle 10:58 07 Jun 2017

So, as the title says, this is not the type of fan problem as everyone is posting everywhere about. I know that in my MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB the fans will kick in at 60C. But my problem is that whenever I hit that treshold, the other fan starts spinning furiously, and the other one doesnt say a thing. I only have to touch the one that isn't spinning, and it starts spinning as normal, and the other one calms down too.

q33ny 11:21 07 Jun 2017

If when you touch it starts moving that means that fan is faulty. If in warranty take it to get a replacement for the fan. If not you will have to take the fan out, clean, use some silicon grease and put everything back. If it does it the same the fan induction circuit is at fault and you will have to replace the fan all together.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)