Got a new web browser Hijack

Phoenix40 17:49 18 Dec 2013

Hello i was trying to reinstall the latest Shockwave when not realising it it downloaded different games which i deleted. But it also downloaded a web browser which has hijacked my IE9 and Google Chrome; its called Findwide.com. Is there anything i can use to get rid of it? I did use Adwcleaner but that doesnt work hope for some help thank you.

Phoenix40 00:08 19 Dec 2013

Hello thanks i manage to remove it in the end. But i noticed there is something called Tidynet.com in my add on list in the IE tools. I manage to remove it in my computer programs lists; but ive disabled it in my manage add ons but dont know how to get rid of it properly? Any ideas thank you!

Phoenix40 01:19 19 Dec 2013

Hello thanks you for your advice and ive already done that and disabled it in the Manage add ons list. Also in my explorer program list there are some files called GUMPS that look like they are to do with Google which i had uninstalled a few days ago and it looks like these files were left behind. Is it alright to remove them by right clicking and deleting them? Hope to hear from someone soon thanks.

The Kestrel 09:39 19 Dec 2013

I use Revo Uninstaller to remove unwanted programs as it also removes, with your consent, the unwanted bits left behind by the add/remove facility in Windows.

If you decide to try it, make sure you download the free version and not the paid for pro version.

click here

Phoenix40 18:47 19 Dec 2013

Hello thanks i had another look on my manage add ons and it seems to have disappeared by itself so it doesnt look like i need to worry thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone